• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to get started with a Pi2AES?

dts

I have zero experience with Raspberry Pi's. I would like to use a Pi2AES, but I have not found a complete step-by-step tutorial. I need something that also discusses the software, in particular. So far the only comments I have seen are similar to this:
As for software, that is not something we can advise on. I suggest asking that on the forums the software vendors maintain.

Unfortunately, that leaves me clueless. I did as much searching as I could, and I came across Volumio, but I would like to know the other software options. Which software (if any) needs to be installed on the Pi2AES? Which software is installed on the Pi itself? Which software is installed on the computer (which in my case is a headless NFS server running Linux).

About the only things I have going for me is that my place is wired with cat 6 cable and my DAC has I2S input. (My DAC is an SMSL M400.) Therefore, I think I should be able to take full advantage of the Pi2AES once I figure out how to get started with it.

Top Bottom