• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to EQ my headphones to fit my ear canal?

knkkskknk

Hi, I used Oratory's 1990 EQ curve on my headphone, but I feel it's still pretty off compared to my treated room and speakers adjusted with Sonarworks Reference 4

Is there a guide how to go through frequencys and fine tune offending frequencys that may be heightend due to different ear shape / ear canel shape? As I understand it, everybody has different ear profiles, and oratory is just giving EQ curves based on what he hears, and eventhough I buy the same headphone, and it measures the same, if my ear shape is different to his I could hear as much as 5 to 10 decibals of difference at certain frequencies? So the only option is for me to figure out how to find offending frequencys and manually EQ or adjust the profile to fit my ears. Would love if there was a guide on this somewhere...

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Please see this thread. I haven't tried it myself.

ADU

Major Contributor
Probably a better subject for the headphones forum. But is this for the Philips SHP9500, knkkskknk?

Top Bottom