• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to download songs to the mconnect Player for offline listening

halloleo

Using mconnect Player Lite on my iPhone to listen to my music on the phone from a UPnP server. Works well.

Now I would like to download songs for offline listing. Has anybody achived this? If the Lite version can't do it, can the paid version (connect Player) do it?

F

freemansteve

If the original MP3 or FLAC files are on UPnP server, is it not just a question of copying them onto the phone?

I realize this is far more painful on iPhones than on Android phones (where you'd use the fantastic X-Plore network file explorer app), like most things always are (IMHO!) but even worst case, if you cannot get a netwrok file app to work, you can put the files onto an SD card, and hook that to an iPhone through an adapter to copy the files.

OP
H

halloleo

Of course I can copy the files manually - but it is quite cumbersome to collect all the files when I want to copy the music from, say, a given playlist.

I was hoping for a feature like in Spotify where you can tell the app to make the sogs of a playlist offline available.

And I _though_ I had read somewhere that mconnect offers this as well. But I cannot find anything in the rudimentary user guide and the mconnect support seems to be "on extended holidays"...

Maybe another UPnP player app offers this?

F

freemansteve

If you have a Win PC that can access your UPnP server's files, by which I mean stored *MP3/*.FLAC etc files and *.M3U playlist files, then one way is to drag the playlist file(s) into Foobar2000, then select or deselect the music files you want, and drag and drop to the folder(s) of your choice. Then just copy the folders & files to your phone.

VLC does the same.

Another old and clunky tool is this: https://www.amok.am/en/freeware/amok_playlist_copy/download/
Just use the non-install (zip) version, select the playlists, and use "copy files from playlist".
The gotchas are that the playlists should use absolute pathnames (not relative) and use forward slashes (/) - but you can make copies of the playlists and edit those in a few seconds to replace pathnames and slashes, if necessary and use those.

Top Bottom