• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to do loopback test of DAC/ADC on macOS?

OP
M

Music1969

Major Contributor
I don't think it's appropriate to dither J-test test signal :) It's supposed to be a perfect square wave. Can't test the UAD interface for now, but I thought turning dither on or off might help decide if it's a quantization problem. But it might be some internal clock or other signal causing it.

The XLR input of my interface has SINAD rated at 104dB which I got close to.

The 1/4" TRS input has SINAD rated at 110dB but I didn't have any cable to test .

Now I do have TRS to XLR-F cable i'll retest.

Will be interesting to see if any change in the levels of this 2.75/3kHz multiples

I'm hoping all numbers drop by 6dB but i know things don't work like this LOL

SharpEars

The XLR input of my interface has SINAD rated at 104dB which I got close to.

The 1/4" TRS input has SINAD rated at 110dB but I didn't have any cable to test .

Now I do have TRS to XLR-F cable i'll retest.

Will be interesting to see if any change in the levels of this 2.75/3kHz multiples

I'm hoping all numbers drop by 6dB but i know things don't work like this LOL

So what was the result of the TRS port test, don't keep us in suspense :) !

OP
M

Music1969

Major Contributor
So what was the result of the TRS port test, don't keep us in suspense :) !

SINAD reduced a few dB but the J test spikes at multiples of 2.75/3kHz remained

Reported to manufacturer and waiting for their answer

In the meantime I want to get another interface and measure this interface's D to A and A to D separately, to see if the issue with these jitter spikes is only loopback related.

moshc

SINAD reduced a few dB but the J test spikes at multiples of 2.75/3kHz remained

Reported to manufacturer and waiting for their answer

In the meantime I want to get another interface and measure this interface's D to A and A to D separately, to see if the issue with these jitter spikes is only loopback related.
Just curious if you had any follow up to this?

Top Bottom