• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to disable Genelec 8341 Bass and mid woofers (REW)

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi,

Just a quick question really. Is there a way to disable both the bass drivers and mid-range driver on my Genelec 8341AWM's within the GLM software?
This is just for the purpose of carrying out subwoofer measurements where I require an acoustic reference so just need the tweeter to function.

My interface is an RME ADI2 PRO fs be.
My SAM speakers are fed via AES/EBU 1/2 and my subs are fed from Phones 3/4 via TRS/XLR splitter.
I am using "linked volume" under normal circumstances but obviously need one of my monitors to be active for the reference but it always does a full sweep inclusive of the subs.

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can send the sweep and timing reference to different output channels in REW.
Set the sweep to play on the L channel via your subs and the timing reference on the R channel via your Genelec.

OP
Sparky

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You can send the sweep and timing reference to different output channels in REW.
Set the sweep to play on the L channel via your subs and the timing reference on the R channel via your Genelec.
Ahhhhh. So I would need the GLM kit to also be connected to the laptop at the same time!
God why didn't I think of that!! :facepalm:

Bit of a waste of a post really! :D

I have another question though..............

In the GLM kit, as I am using AES which outputs at full signal strength, should I use the "group sensitivity" or the actual volume dial to control the signal strength?
I don't really understand the difference between the two options if I'm honest. Why have two sets of volume adjustment??

Top Bottom