• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to convert a XLR - TRS cable to RCA - TRS cable?

OP
PaperBoat

PaperBoat

Mine are around that length....it's a small room. I'd not worry about unbalanced until a much more significant length is involved (like 25' or more)
WoW! Unbalanced with more than 20' is crazy...

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For line level signals, I have a couple of 10m (31ft) unbalanced cables that work fine at home, when I need to run signals from my study or workshop to my main system in another room. No problem with hum at all.

S

OP
PaperBoat

PaperBoat

For line level signals, I have a couple of 10m (31ft) unbalanced cables that work fine at home, when I need to run signals from my study or workshop to my main system in another room. No problem with hum at all.

S
And I were afraid about unbalanced cable length! :facepalm:

edechamps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
@PaperBoat You're really overthinking this. When it comes to line level interconnection, really the only thing that matters is noise. Noise issues are audibly obvious: either you can hear the noise or you can't. So just try the simplest thing that works first. You only need to make adjustments if you notice noise floor issues.

Last edited:
OP
PaperBoat

PaperBoat

Just have done the soldering process... And voila! It's up and running fine... There is no hum... no distortion at all..! it couldn't be done without the help of this great forum... I appreciate those who have been with me... Thank you all... :)

Top Bottom