• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to connect Topping E30 to L30 and integrated amplifier?

Peib

Hello!

I’m considering to buy both topping e30 and l30 in order to pair them with my beyer dt1770pro. The problem is I want to keep using my speakers, which are connected to an integrated amplifier. I want to use the E30 not only for headphones but also for speakers and I dont know exactly how to connect them.
My idea is connecting PC to E30, then E30 (dac) to L30 (headphone amp), and then to the integrated amplifier. Does this way allow me to use the headphones connected to L30 and speakers without losing quality? Both using E30 as dac?

Excuse my English if it’s bad

Thanks!

EDIT: if I decide to go by the way of Y splitter
Tell me if Im wrong: I should buy two of these. Then I'll have to connect to the purple side (female) the red cable rca output from E30, and to the purple side of the other splitter I'll have to connect the white cable rca output from E30. After that, the 2 outputs from the white cable connect each one to each white audio input from the L30 and the integrated amplifier. Then, connect the other 2 outputs (red, from the other splitter) to the red input audio of the devices. Is that the way to proceed?

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01D5H8SGC...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Last edited:

Robin L

Master Contributor
Hello!

I’m considering to buy both topping e30 and l30 in order to pair them with my beyer dt1770pro. The problem is I want to keep using my speakers, which are connected to an integrated amplifier. I want to use the E30 not only for headphones but also for speakers and I dont know exactly how to connect them.
My idea is connecting PC to E30, then E30 (dac) to L30 (headphone amp), and then to the integrated amplifier. Does this way allow me to use the headphones connected to L30 and speakers without losing quality? Both using E30 as dac?

Excuse my English if it’s bad

Thanks!
As far as I can tell, yes. The audio out RCAs of the E30 will connect to the the audio in RCAs of the L30. The L30 has RCA audio outs in addition to its headphone out. I'd hook up the RCA audio outs of the L30 to an aux in on the integrated amp. The power switch [far left] on the L30 also switches between headphones [middle position] and a line out [top position] that also has the volume control in the circuit. Adjust volume on the L30 to taste.

OP
Peib

Peib

As far as I can tell, yes. The audio out RCAs of the E30 will connect to the the audio in RCAs of the L30. The L30 has RCA audio outs in addition to its headphone out. I'd hook up the RCA audio outs of the L30 to an aux in on the integrated amp. The power switch [far left] on the L30 also switches between headphones [middle position] and a line out [top position] that also has the volume control in the circuit. Adjust volume on the L30 to taste.
Thanks! So i expect no quality loss on doing that then

Robin L

Master Contributor
I can't think of a problem unless you have a long interconnect run between the headphone amp and the integrated amp. The longer the run, the more likely electrical noise would be picked up. Best to keep the interconnect between the L30 and the integrated amp as short as possible.

raif71

Major Contributor
If you want headphone output volume to be independent, I would suggest some decent quality RCA Y splitter cables on the E30. A competent DAC should have no issues driving both inputs (L30 and integrated amp) in parallel.
Yes this or just forget the L30 if you don't need headphone amp. Just connect the E30 to your integrated amp.

OP
Peib

Peib

If you want headphone output volume to be independent, I would suggest some decent quality RCA Y splitter cables on the E30. A competent DAC should have no issues driving both inputs (L30 and integrated amp) in parallel.

You mean I will not be able to change volume with L30 when Im using the headphones if the integrated ampli is connected?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

No, but then the volume to the integrated will be controlled by the knob on the L30. I would have thought you would want it at full volume on 0db gain setting (middle)- but that means when you flip to HP out, full volume will go to the headphones. So you would have to remember to turn the volume down to 0 before flipping back to headphones after speaker listening. See @AnalogSteph post for an alternative where this isnt the case. I've used such splitters without issue (note, the metal L shaped 1 in 2 out adapters will be a pain on a device this small- so corded Y splits would be the way to go.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You mean I will not be able to change volume with L30 when Im using the headphones if the integrated ampli is connected?
No, it means you will flip the switch to headphones and nothing will go to the integrated- or vice versa. See my post above for the big problem with this approach.

OP
Peib

Peib

No, but then the volume to the integrated will be controlled by the knob on the L30. I would have thought you would want it at full volume on 0db gain setting (middle)- but that means when you flip to HP out, full volume will go to the headphones. So you would have to remember to turn the volume down to 0 before flipping back to headphones after speaker listening. See @AnalogSteph post for an alternative where this isnt the case. I've used such splitters without issue (note, the metal L shaped 1 in 2 out adapters will be a pain on a device this small- so corded Y splits would be the way to go.
Thank you very much!!

OP
Peib

Peib

So I need two of these?
Tell me if Im wrong: I should buy two of these. Then I'll have to connect to the purple side (female) the red cable rca output from E30, and to the purple side of the other splitter I'll have to connect the white cable rca output from E30. After that, the 2 outputs from the white cable connect each one to each white audio input from the L30 and the integrated amplifier. Then, connect the other 2 outputs (red, from the other splitter) to the red input audio of the devices. Is that the way to proceed?

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01D5H8SGC...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

OP
Peib

Peib

White and red color doesn't matter in the case I exposed, I mean both of them are the same no?
In this case both of them will be "white" and the other one both of them will be "red", right?

88f609036ee5753b134d915e59f9425c.png

OP
Peib

Peib

Is the Y splitter I posted above right for this purpose?

Robin L

Master Contributor
Is the Y splitter I posted above right for this purpose?
Probably more like this. The left RCA plug goes into the E30, one of the right RCA plugs goes into the L30, the other into the amp. And you'll need two sets of these.

510TngUIwbL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

raif71

Major Contributor
Probably more like this. The left RCA plug goes into the E30, one of the right RCA plugs goes into the L30, the other into the amp. And you'll need two sets of these.

View attachment 88894
You would need a pair of this. Wish they could have make all the rings same color for example a pair of these, one would be color white while the other would be all red to avoid confusion, right?

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
That depends on whether you actually need L30 or not.
If you are using L30 anyway. It's very recommended to connect the amplifier to L30's preamp out and leave the preamp to max. It's also depending on whether your preamp has remote or not. If you do, then get a splitter from e30 to the integrated

OP
Peib

Peib

That depends on whether you actually need L30 or not.
If you are using L30 anyway. It's very recommended to connect the amplifier to L30's preamp out and leave the preamp to max. It's also depending on whether your preamp has remote or not. If you do, then get a splitter from e30 to the integrated

You mean the integrated amplifier right? Yes, its a pioneer a-30 which remote control. I should buy the splitter above posted, shouldn't I?
If the E30 can be plugged to L30 and pioneer at the same time without losing quality, I'll go that way then

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
You mean the integrated amplifier right? Yes, its a pioneer a-30 which remote control. I should buy the splitter above posted, shouldn't I?
If the E30 can be plugged to L30 and pioneer at the same time without losing quality, I'll go that way then
You should be fine.

jbfilho

What is gonna be the output voltage of L30's RCA at 0db? The usage of a splitter will not affect the perceived impedance from the output?

Top Bottom