• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to connect powered speakers to BluRay player through coaxial

RorsMcVicar

Hello, I hope you're doing good.
I am pretty new to this forum and to audio things too. I am a newbie, indeed.
The thing is I want to buy the edifiers r2000db, which are the ones available on my country at the moment, but they do not have a Coaxial input. They do have RCA and Optical inputs.
I want to use a Bluray player as a CD player but..... the majority of bluray players have a coaxial audio output, so I am trying to figure out how to connect my Edifiers to that. Shall I use a Dac? can I use it even though my speakers are powered? Any other suggestions?
Thank you in advance!

OP
R

RorsMcVicar

I thought about getting one of them but couldn't find a new cheap model with the optical output. They are all used.

They sell coax to optical converters for a decent price. I'm not sure what is available in your country.
Coax to optical converter.

I could buy this in the US! But I didn't know if this converter affects audio quality

JayGilb

Major Contributor
I thought about getting one of them but couldn't find a new cheap model with the optical output. They are all used.

I could buy this in the US! But I didn't know if this converter affects audio quality
It's a digital translation (electrical to optical), I'm pretty sure it wouldn't impact the audio quality.

I use the same model for a dvd player connected to my television set and it seems to have good quality.

Top Bottom