• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to connect HD800s headphones for my AppleTV 4K Dolby Atmos?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For me it's fatigue. I last about 20 minutes.
That's what I use legal cannabis/hashish for. To combat listening fatigue and enhance listening pleasure. It works very well. :D Calms me right down, is relaxing and the music is much better that way.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what I use legal cannabis/hashish for. To combat listening fatigue and enhance listening pleasure. It works very well. :D Calms me right down, is relaxing and the music is much better that way.
I still buy the grey market, I currently have 6 varieties of imported hashish.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I still buy the grey market, I currently have 6 varieties of imported hashish.
Wow. I have two legal versions. One is black and soft and sticky as glue and the other is yellow'ishy and flaky like a pie crust. I prefer the yellow it tastes more interesting and is easier to handle and ignite. I am presently paying ~$25 for 2 grams for either one @ 40%THC to 50% THC. Frankly I don't notice much difference between the two in matters of how relaxed I become. My major concern is smoke-ability; how easy it is to smoke without coughing. The yellow one is easier to smoke. :D A friend gave me a few flakes of his gray market hashish for my pipe and it was glorious. Easy to smoke and had a buzz from 4 hoots. I suspect that was a good batch and rare too.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wow. I have two legal versions. One is black and soft and sticky as glue and the other is yellow'ishy and flaky like a pie crust. I prefer the yellow it tastes more interesting and is easier to handle and ignite. I am presently paying ~$25 for 2 grams for either one @ 40%THC to 50% THC. Frankly I don't notice much difference between the two in matters of how relaxed I become. My major concern is smoke-ability; how easy it is to smoke without coughing. The yellow one is easier to smoke. :D A friend gave me a few flakes of his gray market hashish for my pipe and it was glorious. Easy to smoke and had a buzz from 4 hoots. I suspect that was a good batch and rare too.
Now that we have trashed this thread with off topic I’ll continue.

Top right is some legal my son bought me. It was so dry and powdery I haven’t even tried it.

Attachments

• EC675B3C-FA8E-462D-9F4E-BD5CE7E43193.jpeg
    EC675B3C-FA8E-462D-9F4E-BD5CE7E43193.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 32

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Now that we have trashed this thread with off topic I’ll continue.

Top right is some legal my son bought me. It was so dry and powdery I haven’t even tried it.
What is the expense for this gray market stuff? I've never seen powdery hash before. Very unusual.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the expense for this gray market stuff? I've never seen powdery hash before. Very unusual.
I normally buy the higher grades and 1/4 oz’s. They run from 10 to 25 per gram.

mrbungle

So you spend $1800 on headphones to listen to mp3's? Over kill I'd say. Unless $1600 for comfort justifies it.
I really shouldn’t revive this thread, but 256kbps AAC is more than plenty for stereo movie audio, what is what the OP asked about. I doubt Netflix or HBO provide much more than that in their streaming apps. I personally buy my music in highest available FLAC up to 96khz/24bit, but mostly because storage is cheap and with some DSP it’s good to have headroom.

OP
AmalfiMan

AmalfiMan

I really shouldn’t revive this thread, but 256kbps AAC is more than plenty for stereo movie audio, what is what the OP asked about. I doubt Netflix or HBO provide much more than that in their streaming apps. I personally buy my music in highest available FLAC up to 96khz/24bit, but mostly because storage is cheap and with some DSP it’s good to have headroom.
LOL.
I like the HD800s for comfort. And for gaming, the soundstage to hear footsteps better is awesome. For HBO, Netflix, etc, the sound is good enough via Bluetooth from the new Topping EX5. I hear the surround sound.

But the comfort being lightweight and not clampy allows me to binge hours straight.

Top Bottom