• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to connect guitar to Scarlett 2i2 to mac to iPhone

MarkusParkus

Hi!
I want to record instagram videos while playing guitar. I am using Bias FX2, Logic Pro x, a scarlett 2i2 and a iPhone 8. My goal is to record the guitarsound straight in to my ihpone, while blendning in some room audio from the built in mac mic, and do it all in one take, without editing. I want it to be dead simple. I´ve got the audio down, but my iPhone won´t record it.

My plan was to connect my guitar to the Scarlett, and use the headphone out to send the audio signal to my iPhone, but it doesn´t work. I´ve tried to use a trs-trrs adapter but that didn´t do it. My iPhone just uses the built in mic.

This is my first post, and any help would be appreciated!
Cheers!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Since you mention TRS – TRRS, that tells me you’re using the headphone jack. A headphone jack is an output. Unless you can find something in the phone’s menu to convert it into an input, it’s not going to work.

It looks like Logic Pro requires a computer to do the “heavy lifting” – editing, plug-ins, etc. You can just plug the Scarlett into the computer via USB – no good reason to use the phone at all.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Since you mention TRS – TRRS, that tells me you’re using the headphone jack. A headphone jack is an output. Unless you can find something in the phone’s menu to convert it into an input, it’s not going to work.

It looks like Logic Pro requires a computer to do the “heavy lifting” – editing, plug-ins, etc. You can just plug the Scarlett into the computer via USB – no good reason to use the phone at all.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Hi!
I want to record instagram videos while playing guitar. I am using Bias FX2, Logic Pro x, a scarlett 2i2 and a iPhone 8. My goal is to record the guitarsound straight in to my ihpone, while blendning in some room audio from the built in mac mic, and do it all in one take, without editing. I want it to be dead simple. I´ve got the audio down, but my iPhone won´t record it.

My plan was to connect my guitar to the Scarlett, and use the headphone out to send the audio signal to my iPhone, but it doesn´t work. I´ve tried to use a trs-trrs adapter but that didn´t do it. My iPhone just uses the built in mic.

This is my first post, and any help would be appreciated!
Cheers!
Maybe try a headset splitter so you can get the mic side of the trrs instead of the headphone side. You cam get one with male trrs that has a y to a female headphone side and a female mic side. Then plug the cable from the 2i2 output into the female mic side of splitter and plug the male trrs side of splitter into iphone.

Top Bottom