• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to bypass onboard amplifier and use JDS Atom as main AMP ?

Windofrce

Hello

I have JDS Labs Atom and I want to use it in combo with my internal onboard 32-bit DAC which is pretty good. Now the thing is that I also have dual op-amps so the signal from DAC is amplified by internal op-amps and then it was sent to my JDS Labs Atom AMP. That is dual amping and it is not that great option. I know internal AMP is working because I can choose between three power options in Realtek control center (Balance, Dynamic or Ultimate) and every one of them is feeding my external AMP with different signal strength. Maybe on Balanced mode (quietest mode) internal amps aren't working but I can not confirm that.

While waiting for JDS to start selling their Atom DAC, what do you guys think how can I bypass onboard AMP and use onboard just as a DAC.

Timbo2

OP
W

Windofrce

Thanks for answer. Are you saying that I should choose onboard Balanced options and switch Atom AMP to high gain?

Attachments

• Screenshot_8.png
    Screenshot_8.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 120
OP
W

Windofrce

Hey I see that most of external DACs are using op-amp. So I think I am good to go! I have zero noise and distortion btw

Top Bottom