• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How NOT to test studio audio equipment

• Thread starter Deleted member 60987
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48726

Right, because who would bring subjectivity into music? Newsflash, it's an art, not a science. If it were a science virtually every album artists make would be an improvement over the previous one because they know more. That isn't the case. In the least. In fact almost all of them peak in their 20s and 30s. Subjective. What an idiotic attempt at an insult. "So, what made you spend $1,500 on headphones? Did they sound amazing?" "I didn't actually hear them. I read articles and saw charts. Besides, the point isn't listening to music or enjoying it. It's bragging to people about my equipment. It's stating I have the best because that reflects on me and my self worth as an individual. I take great pride in my consumerism."
O.. Okay. I think that you think you make sense. I won't interfer with that.

Good day.

Ricardus

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Plus they're barely musicians. They use MIDI interfaces. I play guitar bass, drums and keys. Different generation. I only use the computer to turn CDs of a new track into MP3s. But it's messy and expensive compared to the world of aps like autotune and quantizers. Additionally the people on YouTube TEACHING music basically teach people how to make lounge music. There aren't many that can write anything anyone is interested in hearing because they are basically jazz snobs. In fact I was annoyed to see a couple record an original fast and just use a descending major progression. Because I was thinking, "Yes. It sounds good. But where are all those A9th augmented chords you love talking about?" They mock modern rock and pop music then resort to the exact same thing when put to the test. But I didn't comment on their video. Why bother? The fact is, of the people making popular music the past 50 years about 15 or 20% can even read music. They are not the mathletes who joined the marching band. They were the stoners and fuck ups. Average and poor students who picked up instruments and started bands. And know a little theory.
So you're WAY cooler than them. GOT IT.

Do you have any idea who arrogant this post makes you sound?

Ricardus

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I trust my ears more than measuring equipment. That's the intangible that can't be taught in engineering school.
No. It's narcissism.

I got news for you. My ears suck, and so do yours. You do NOT hear better than test equipment. Nor do you hear better than any other average person.

Get the F over yourself.

Top Bottom