• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

how much music do you listen to?

musica

how much music do you listen to?
do you listen to music every day, for how many hours?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

I'll play :). At least 2 hours a day, with intent.
Never enjoyed so much music in my 50+ years as an audiophile. Streaming mostly.

Peace.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Every day, typically 3-4 hours a day. I'm in my last year of work before retirement, work from home, and as most of my work is writing or editing corporate internal communications things, it's easy to incorporate music and active listening...

I may do a bit less when I am not as desk-tied after retirement...

JktHifi

Listening to music for at least 6 hours per day. Moreover, there’s a new album from U2 Songs of Surrender (4 CDs)

OP
M

musica

why do you like listening to so much music?

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I’m at home all day/everyday due to spms so according to roon I listen to between 80hrs to 120hrs a month. I don’t/never owned a TV so music has always been my #1 vice

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm another of the 6-hour+/day listeners! I live for music. The only other things I do in my free time are reading and occasionally watching a movie or Netflix. I'm thinking of taking up some exercise this summer, possibly. LOL

Bleib

Major Contributor
Apart from some of the stuff I always listen to anyway about 3-4 new albums per week. Today it was Depeche Mode's Memento Mori twice

Bugal1998

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I generally don't like background music, so when I listen it's the focus of my attention. I probably manage a couple of hours a week; but it's inconsistent. I might listen for three hours a night for a couple nights in a row, and then nothing for days, or maybe a few 20 minute sessions here or there for weeks at a time when life is busy.

hnash53

why do you like listening to so much music?
I find it very engaging. That is, it draws and holds my attention whether I'm sitting and purposely doing so or when I'm working on something in the house.
It gets me out of my own head.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Several hours a day generally over several different systems. That's why I got gear for the most part, altho video needs are another aspect.

Top Bottom