• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

how much does it cost to fix a blown subwoofer?

William2554

Please tell me about the cost. My subwoofer has turned off. but I don't know about it. that is what happened.

timiark

Maybe, just maybe, call the manufacturer first.
If it is within warranty, then, you know what to do.
If not, then it is either a amp replacement or a driver replacement. I believe both would cost you around half of the sub if the manufacturer have spare parts.

There are indeed local repairs that could found... but surely it is your job to find where are they and ask for the price. If it is a simple burnt conponent like capacitors, it should be easy to fix and I image it would cost you maybe $50-$100? If it is a chip being burnt, it could be more expensive or sometimes not fixable. (this is rare because most sub does not have tons of logic chips onboard, nor are they easy to get burnt)

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
without even the model, it's very hard to know. as @timiark said, try to contact the manufacturer. if it's not an option, try to talk with a local repair. they will most likely ask you to bring it in for inspection, and then give you a quote

Willem

Major Contributor
My B&W PV1d recently packed up with a failed amplifier module and one busted driver. Repairs cost about 40% of price when new, so I decided it was worth it.

OP
W

William2554

it's model JL Audio W7AE-3 Series. I bought it 2 years ago. no idea what happen, I worry about it

Top Bottom