• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How many pairs of speakers do you own? How often do you rotate them?

Adaboy4z

I currently own three pairs of speakers. Kef Q150, Paradigm Titan V6 and some old Yamaha bookshelf speakers. I try to rotate them about every two weeks. It seems lately I'm looking for an excuse to buy another pair.

I hope this question hasn't been asked yet. If so be easy on me lol

Madjalapeno

Forum Donor
Office - B&W 606
Den - Linkwitz LXMini
Media Room (music) - Linkwitz LX521
Media Room (movies) - [L,R] LX521 + Tritrix MTM + [C] KEF Q150 + [Surrounds] KEF Eggs

The only ones that have been swapped around are the B&W's, as everything else is better.

OP
A

Adaboy4z

Office - B&W 606
Den - Linkwitz LXMini
Media Room (music) - Linkwitz LX521
Media Room (movies) - [L,R] LX521 + Tritrix MTM + [C] KEF Q150 + [Surrounds] KEF Eggs

The only ones that have been swapped around are the B&W's, as everything else is better.
I would love to have a second setup in the bedroom but SHE will throw a fit. Lol

Reactions: CMB

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
I don't rotate. I just visit different room to listen to my speakers setups. I have 2 distinct stereo setups and 2 distinct multichannels setups in 3 different rooms of various sizes

I have 2 other pairs currently not used. Already sold one pair just last week.

Unfortunately, I can't really listen to them that loud because my wife is always home (work from home due to covid). Thus for last year or so I started to get into more serious headphones listening.

OP
A

Adaboy4z

I don't rotate. I just visit different room to listen to my speakers setups. I have 2 distinct stereo setups and 2 distinct multichannels setups in 3 different rooms of various sizes

I have 2 other pairs currently not used. Already sold one pair just last week.

Unfortunately, I can't really listen to them that loud because my wife is always home (work from home due to covid). Thus for last year or so I started to get into more serious headphones listening.
I feel your pain. My wife has worked from home the last year so I'm sharing my man cave with her make shift office. Man I hope they call them back soon!

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
I feel your pain. My wife has worked from home the last year so I'm sharing my man cave with her make shift office. Man I hope they call them back soon!
My wife's company current plan is to call them back in late May. By then, my daughter will be near summer break and will be at home most of the time through summer. Maybe sometimes in Fall this year I will have more opportunities to rock it out.
: (

Taddpole

I currently own three pairs of speakers. Kef Q150, Paradigm Titan V6 and some old Yamaha bookshelf speakers. I try to rotate them about every two weeks. It seems lately I'm looking for an excuse to buy another pair.

I hope this question hasn't been asked yet. If so be easy on me lol
Why do you rotate them?

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Three sets of speakers here. One set in permanent use in the main system, one in permanent use in my home office, and one in seemingly permanent purgatory in boxes because I'm too lazy to get around to selling them.

OP
A

Adaboy4z

Why do you rotate them?
I only have one room and one Amp at the moment. I do it mainly just to remind myself of what the older speakers sound like.

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
I rotate mine all day on the Lazy Susans ;)
DBR62 vs R3 on lazy susan.png

Just a temp setup to compare them.

OP
A

Adaboy4z

Joe Smith

Addicted to Fun and Learning
7 "live" systems throughout the house in use in different rooms, and approximately 7 pairs of speakers in addition that I can rotate in.

Current active systems are using these speakers:

KEF Coda 7s (Dining Room)
ADS L520s (Main Living Room)
Advent 5002s (Basement System - largest room)
ELAC Debut 2.0 6s and KEF Q15.2s (Office)
ADS L420s (Bedroom/Workroom)
Polk Audio Monitor Series 4s (Bedroom)
Advent Baby IIs (Upstairs Study/TV room - rarely use)

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Until last year, I collected them and had a silly number. After discovering Revel F206s and Philharmonic BMRs, I sold them all. The only ones I sorta miss are KEF R3s.

So 3 pairs as listed in my signature:

F206
BMR
Q100

AudioSQ

CSS Criton 2TDXs (Game room)
Wharfedale 12.0s (Home Office)
Copperheads (Work Office)
Amigas (Living Room/Kitchen)

All get used fairly often, except the Amigas. There's a loose connection in the crossover and I have to shake them a good bit to get them to play. Someday I'll get around to fixing it.

OP
A

Adaboy4z

CSS Criton 2TDXs (Game room)
Wharfedale 12.0s (Home Office)
Copperheads (Work Office)
Amigas (Living Room/Kitchen)

All get used fairly often, except the Amigas. There's a loose connection in the crossover and I have to shake them a good bit to get them to play. Someday I'll get around to fixing it.
Get that crossover fixed! Lol I had a blown tweeter on a three way that I listened to for over a month before fixing it.

steve59

Major Contributor
3 channel surround in living room. a pair of VA Beethovens rosewood finish and revel salon center
family room uses the king of soundbars a yamaha ysp 5600 and paradigm 15'' sub
basement will either sport the kef Blade or meridian dsp 8000se. Tho' I love them both 1 has to go

Top Bottom