• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How many hours a week do you spend just enjoying the music?

How many hours a week do you typically spend listening to music only.

• 1-3

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • 4-7

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • 7-10

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • 11-14

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • 15+

Votes: 39 43.3%

• Total voters

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been through the journey and can't tell you how happy I am that is over. To me experiences are more important than accumulating material goods.
Well I agree in as much as once you've decided on your gear & optimised it as much as you can then you can't really spend anymore time tweaking it....then you just enjoy it. But it doesn't stop you from learning about new products or advancements in audio understanding or even participating on this website which is mostly the same thing....afterall you're typing on here as we speak.

Robin L

Master Contributor
My wiring is weird, that is to say the way I process music has become strange. My favorite mode is to play guitar while reading. Patterns fall into my fingers, musical patterns arise without apparent intent. Spend very little time listening to pre-recorded music. This is a very recent shift, last year I was listening to music about 2 hours a day, every day. I'm finding the sound of my guitar more interesting than anything pre-recorded. Very different from any other time in my life.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Well I agree in as much as once you've decided on your gear & optimised it as much as you can then you can't really spend anymore time tweaking it....then you just enjoy it. But it doesn't stop you from learning about new products or advancements in audio understanding or even participating on this website which is mostly the same thing....afterall you're typing on here as we speak.

That's OK. I don't want my house to look like Zeos Pantera's apartment.

Robin L

Master Contributor
Why is the highest choice only 15+? Seems too low to be especially revealing.
Why is the lowest choice 1-3 hours? Anybody else read and listen?

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I voted for 11-14 because it's probably the average I spend "just enjoying" the music, as opposed to having music on while I'm doing other stuff - so about 2hrs/day. But when I have really busy work weeks (or family obligations, etc) it might be only around 5 hours in a week; and when I have less work going on it could be 20.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That's OK. I don't want my house to look like Zeos Pantera's apartment.
Well I found this (because don't know anything about the guy):
This might be a young Amir's apartment! Yeah, so you don't want a lot of redundant and buyers regret audio gear sitting around your apartment after fruitlessly embarking on "the journey". Well you say you've already done the journey, so you've gone through that stage and now have your endgame, well that's cool.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Well I found this (because don't know anything about the guy):
This might be a young Amir's apartment! Yeah, so you don't want a lot of redundant and buyers regret audio gear sitting around your apartment after fruitlessly embarking on "the journey". Well you say you've already done the journey, so you've gone through that stage and now have your endgame, well that's cool.

I've heard of desktop systems, but a pantry system is a new one for me.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I've heard of desktop systems, but a pantry system is a new one for me.
Ha, yeah! That is the ugliest part of the apartment though in credit.

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Last few months I have only listened to 1 hour of music on my system. Hope to have everything setup nicely in next couple weeks so that I can enjoy it again.

Last edited:

Instrumental

Many years in open office hell have created a need to catch up so 10-12 hours of music a day
is common. Neighbours (semi-detached) are behind one foot reinforced concrete so
no limitations really, only the occational outburst of loud low bass, mostly acoustical
music that doesn't move any concrete walls. I'm retired so I can do much as I please all day long.

GeorgeBynum

To me experiences are more important than accumulating material goods.
One of our children pointed that out to me. I've been one of the "He who dies with the most toys wins" guys. My only answer that sort of satisfied both of us is that the accumulated material goods remind me of the experiences.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
See how you go, you'll survive!

Top Bottom