• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How GOOD is the LG V60 / Dongled LG V60 Vs. Mid-Tier DAPs (<$800)?

Hi, I need some guidance / advice. Is it worth purchasing a DAP over an LG V60 for my Portable Music Libery that isn't on Sportify? I'm considering a Mid-Tier DAP like the Sony ZX707(Japan) for Portable use but also considering the Cheaper option of the LG V60. Is there a noticable Sound Quality Difference between an LG V60 / Dongled LG V60 and a Mid-Tier DAP like the Sony ZX707?

I have 0 expereince with DAPs -fwiw

staticV3

Master Contributor
Here are measurements of the ZX707:
(English subtitles available)

It's nothing special tbh. Bested by many dongles.

I couldn't find measurements of the LG V60, but compared to the V50s/G8, the Sony has more noise, more distortion, higher output impedance, and you need to use the Sony's Bal out to get the same output voltage as the LG's 3.5mm out.
3.5mm out on the ZX707 is a third quieter than on the LG, at least with high impedance headphones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom