• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How good does this measurement mean?

gazua707

Hello, here is another newbie...

I found an interesting DA measurement, but it seems pretty good for me but I am not sure if it is really good.

Do you guys have any idea? it looks pretty impressive

Attachments

• 2019-03-26 .png
    2019-03-26 .png
    986.7 KB · Views: 222

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Very low noisefloor, it would be nice to see a FFT graph at full 0dBV scale.
What DAC is that?

Graph Feppar

Be aware of FFT SNR gain. The longer the FFT windows, the lower noisefloor it will show, but this isnt true noisefloor of the device under test.

FFT window works as averaging and random incoherent signals like noise add up +3db per window lenght doubling while coherent signals like the test sinewave adds up +6db per window lenght doubling.

EDIT: I just noticed that the db scale starts at -60db and not 0db, that means it shows 100db SNR and not 160db as I first thought from quick glance at the picture, thats more realistic value.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It looks pretty good but there’s nowhere near enough information in that graph to draw any firm conclusions about that DAC’s performance.

If I had to guess I’d say it’s probably a decent DAC, but most DACs are...

andymok

Addicted to Fun and Learning
merging is pro, had a home model, but super super expensive, ess chip

Yes the home model is super expensive, the interface and add-on card is a lot reasonable. Maybe even economic given the functionality and ability to swap.

JohnPM

Technical Expert
Looks like an AES-17 DR measurement, the -65 dB THD+N at -60 dB signal would give it a DR around 125 dB.

OP
G

gazua707

Thank you all for answering. I didn't know there is a certain name for measurement ( like AES-17 DR) until now.
I researched about and here is another informations. Maybe I should demo the product but it seems really good. especially the crosstalk...

Attachments

• 2019-03-26dd.png
    2019-03-26dd.png
    248.8 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom