• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How good does a DAC need to be for ASR approval?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
And more progress ... I'm refining the mechanism for achieving the best null, in the >10k band - and I'm still seeing errors of the order of 40dB down, for one of the test setups. Confirming that a much deeper null is possible, by using a copy of the original waveform, in the same "jig".

I have this impression that you must live in a barn full of half-finished mad scientist experiments in various states of progress, all never to be concluded...

fas42

Major Contributor
You've sorta got it! I've slowed down a hellavu lot lately - and run out of steam too easily ... far too easily. Motivation is key - if I get strong, positive feedback from what I'm doing then it keeps happening - otherwise, I bounce onto the next thing ...

Top Bottom