• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

how does an 'Audio Grounding Box' work?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor

there's actually quite a few of them

i'm not actually sure how the works? box of rocks? crystals?

does it just lighten your wallet???

oh its nobsound douk etc. say no more...

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
You do at least get a box of crystals:

1664019661176.png

Actually, I love it. Get some random chit, throw it in a cute wooden box, attach some copper foil to the contents, a nice gold plated brass banana socket and call it done.

mansr

Major Contributor
You do at least get a box of crystals:

View attachment 233026

Actually, I love it. Get some random chit, throw it in a cute wooden box, attach some copper foil to the contents, a nice gold plated brass banana socket and call it done.
What's in that box? Looks like barbecue coals, crushed glass, ground ginger, and copper sulphate.

Joachim Herbert

Forum Donor
It doesn't. Work.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What's in that box? Looks like barbecue coals, crushed glass, ground ginger, and copper sulphate.
I think that brown stuff is just half a shovelful of sand. The blue stuff looks like that gunk that accumulates in the powder drawer of the washing machine.

otherwise I think you're right.

If there's no improvement in sound you could have a barbeque with the coals and put the sand on your doorstep to stop ice forming in the winter. Use the now empty box for storing old lemonade bottles.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
Planet Earth is NEVER the destination for noise, leakage, lost Neutral or ground currents in audio systems (although occasionally it's a parallel path).
So the boxes have no task to perform!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
does it just lighten your wallet???
Ding ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!

Although they have worked to spawn a number of hilarious threads here.

kongwee

Major Contributor
Electrically the copper is parallel to the terminal form an internal loop. Excessive stored charges can be dispelled in this loop. It is like bypass cap in crossover. Not ideal about the crystal between them. Electrically it works but what it is intend for, it is your own opinions. You can get similar result if your amp has ground terminal and your interconnect has ground like phono cable.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Electrically the copper is parallel to the terminal form an internal loop.
What? The other end is not connected to anything so there is no loop of any kind.

kongwee

Major Contributor
What? The other end is not connected to anything so there is no loop of any kind.
I dunno actually, I just google the diy boxes that commonly found.

Some look like it short or close to short. Even it open. It is AC signal that can be detect at the foil plates end. It ground usually connect to -ve point. Just like you how you prove GR- Research power cord it still energised even the cords is not connect to anything.

You have review it but you can't open the boxes as request. Can't access the copper foil inside to see AC signal being energised in the box.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I dunno actually, I just google the diy boxes that commonly found.
No one needs you to google for them and post stuff you don't know or understand.

KSTR

Major Contributor
For RF there is a "loop", actually, the air is the return path connecting the ends of the dipole antenna formed ;-)
I'm not saying that this would make any difference to the equipment this useless gimmick is connected to, quite the contrary, it's a total scam.

Top Bottom