• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do Youtubers make their speakers sound better than mine?

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I sometimes watch some reviews on YouTube, and the speakers often seem to sound better than the ones that I am using to listen to them on.

I know that that's a trick, so what EQ or other tricks do they use to lie to you?

Here is a new and prime example: Buchardt A500 _(Z Reviews)_ Setting a REAL HIGH Bar .5 - YouTube

In this case I think that he just passes the source to the soundtrack, EQs it, and then plays with the sound when he puts his hands in front of the drivers.

Paul Daniels!

I wonder if Buchardt are aware of this.

Last edited:

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Hmmm... He moved, and his new place became even dirtier. As did his mouth.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Z definitely eq's headphone sound demos. Not so sure about speakers. However that basment of his does seem to have good acoustics. He's got good sorce files and nice isolation stands. High quality mics and speakers that measure superbly. No reason why that setup wouldn't kick ass in truth.

Top Bottom