• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do you feel about other people using your stereo?

BoredErica

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't care as long as I know they're not going to screw my stuff up somehow. And their music isn't loud enough to bother me.

j^j=e^-pi/2

Fairly expensive stereo here, decent turntable, components, etc. I encouraged my kids to "have at it" when they had to motor skills to drop a needle.

It sparked an interest in music and results are that they are currently principals in their respective musical instruments at their reasonably elite conservatory level liberal arts colleges.

A stereo is a tool to enjoy music when you can't go to a live concert.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
A stereo is a tool to enjoy music when you can't go to a live concert.
It's quite the contrary for me. Live concert is a place where music I like gets distorted, skewed or warped one way or the other. It's almost never played very accurately or cleanly, it's always different in execution itself, some variation of what I like. I almost feel like I listen to a cover on a concert. And it's layered with screams, yelling, puking, audience singing (failing at singing), tall people covering sound...

I go to concerts for a party, but I can only listen to music at home.

It's the same with classical, only this time it's old people farting, coughing (and swallowing), clapping before it's over, thinking they talk quite enough with the spouse about picking up kids or some such BS.

Check this, it starts at 03:16 (unnecessarily making you mad at people who are ill - and it was a recording concert)

David Harper

Stereos are much less important than cars. I don't care if someone uses my stereo. 30 years ago I owned a 1971 Gran Torino GT that I would never let anyone else drive. Some things are more valuable than others.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
1971 Gran Torino GT
One of my all time fav cars with that hood scoop and the signal lights and the interior is very cool. Who could not like this classic muscle car?
6fa90a21118574e8f64a87303b98b5cc.jpg

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
It's not that complicated, they mostly use the Fire TV though I wonder what would happen if i were to add an external amp in the future.
Actually the biggest near-problem we ever had was a cat peeing on a power strip:mad:

Top Bottom