• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do we get rid of cables & first reflections from tables/monitor desks

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did changed this weekend my old MDF (damaged) desk for a reinforced glass desk. An also (for now) i hide (most) of my cables using a IKEA Signum cable tray.
This is only the beginning to get some idea's for changing re-building the whole mancave/attic. The desk is quite hard so first refections from the table could be an issue or not? Did listen after an new room correction measurement the sound did not change much (as my previous desk) but if i dampen the hard surface for instance with a custome made cut-out rubber inlay? (gamers use sometimes large mousepad) could i resolve possible first reflections from the table is it practical to look for such solution?. I was curious how other members (recording studio's) handle their cable setup & first reflections from their table (if necessary or practical).
a6Ff6rn.jpg

Last edited:

Severian

Forum Donor
It seems to me that the best option is using speakers with waveguides that will reduce the early reflections. While ultimately I wasn't a fan of them overall, I was startled by the soundstage and imaging of JBL LSR306Ps on my desk vis a vis my normal speakers that use a much, much smaller/shallower waveguide for the tweeter.

Top Bottom