• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do the Dynaudio Emit M20 speakers measure?

akarma

Core magnetic flux saturation is one of the main reason why manufacturers avoided ferrite coils and use air core ones instead
If you can measure Core magnetic flux saturation of coils used in emit m20 crossover and prove it leads to some real perceptible issuies it will be good point.

Ata

Forum Donor
FWIW, when I was auditioning for my most recent speaker upgrade, I listened to Dynaudio Emit 20, Focal Aria 906, KEF LS50 Meta and KEF R3. The Emit 20 was subjectively the worst of the four, lacking the transparency and presence above 3-4 KHz and worse directivity. I think that translates to a "warm but veiled presentation" in audiophile speak.

Disclaimer: I have not yet heard a Dynaudio speaker that impressed me too much, not even the Special 40, thus I am likely biased.

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
FWIW, when I was auditioning for my most recent speaker upgrade, I listened to Dynaudio Emit 20, Focal Aria 906, KEF LS50 Meta and KEF R3. The Emit 20 was subjectively the worst of the four, lacking the transparency and presence above 3-4 KHz and worse directivity. I think that translates to a "warm but veiled presentation" in audiophile speak.

Disclaimer: I have not yet heard a Dynaudio speaker that impressed me too much, not even the Special 40, thus I am likely biased.

Haha, I am not doubting your experience, just that you posted at the wrong forum. Such terms like transparency, veiled presentation etc...basically those "audiophile" terms don't belong in this forum.

Btw, its normal not to like a particular brand or find it perform worse than others.

Last edited:

shorewalker

NAD will be great with Emit. C326 and higher
Weird but true: in a small-medium room, I was startled to find that an old NAD7020e (essentially the 3020e, but with a tuner) made the Emit M20s sound just terrific.

My expectation was that it might struggle to drive them. Er, nope. I barely got the volume knob past 9pm. Sounded at least as good as the Cambridge Audio CXA60 I had hooked them up to – maybe better, which strikes even me as absurd.

I've had the NAD for 34 years and I'm probably hopelessly biased, but still, that NAD sound just worked with the Emit 20s.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Review and measurements by Erin:

Dynaudio Emit 20 Review 10-18 screenshot.png

Top Bottom