• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do I stream Atmos without a display?

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've tried with Apple Music and Amazon, not Tidal yet, but they both react strangely when I disable my display. For example, I have an Apple TV 4K -> Denon 6700 -> Display. When I start an album, everything's fine. When I turn off the display, the Denon display switches from "Dolby Atmos" to "Dolby Surround" and my surround back speakers stop working.

Has anyone found a way, or am I the only one with this issue?

Even better, if someone knows how to bitstream Atmos from Win10, you'd be a lifesaver. I really dislike these little boxes when I already have 2 laptops that are 50x more powerful/flexible. Basically the same issue - playack from Tidal, Amazon, iTunes apps only gives me "Dolby surround." Never Dolby Atmos

Last edited:

audio2920

I *think* this is because they only have Atmos on the 4k stream; if there's no 4k display reported, you get one without atmos.

No easy workaround that I know of I'm afraid.

Top Bottom