• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do I play music on my RPI3B+ with HifiBerry DAC+ Pro

herculepirate

I have a RPI 3B+ and a HifiBerry Dac+ Pro

How can I get my music that is stored on a NAS, USB Drive and a 3.5" HDD and my Spotify over to my RPI for playback.

the Best solution I thought of was the Squeezelite + SPOTTY.
I just can't get any OS to work.
I tried Volumio, Moode, Max2Play and PiCorePlayer.
the squeezelite through Logitech Media Server works perfectly but just cant get the Spotify to connect using the SPOTTY plugin by Mherger. Help is scarce on the forums. What a disappointment.
Any music cast from my Phone and computer just does not play on my Squeezelite

Anyone have any ideas to get my music from Spotify and my LMS to my RPI3B+

tw99

Of all those, I’d pick Picoreplayer and LMS. If you can’t get Spotify working, keep asking on the LMS forum…

Ears of Tin

Another possible alternative is rAudio. Note that I don't use Spotify but others have sufaced issues and solutions on the rAudio github. It seems that streaming service difficulties are the Achilles heel of RPi streamers.

dBiz

I have a RPI 3B+ and a HifiBerry Dac+ Pro

How can I get my music that is stored on a NAS, USB Drive and a 3.5" HDD and my Spotify over to my RPI for playback.

the Best solution I thought of was the Squeezelite + SPOTTY.
I just can't get any OS to work.
I tried Volumio, Moode, Max2Play and PiCorePlayer.
the squeezelite through Logitech Media Server works perfectly but just cant get the Spotify to connect using the SPOTTY plugin by Mherger. Help is scarce on the forums. What a disappointment.
Any music cast from my Phone and computer just does not play on my Squeezelite

Anyone have any ideas to get my music from Spotify and my LMS to my RPI3B+
Did you get this working? If not let me know, maybe I can assist. I'm using a RPI 4 and LMS and have Spotify working.

Top Bottom