• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do I delete a post that I chose not to post?

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Sometimes I begin a reply and then think better of it. Even if I delete all the contents, they come back when I return to the thread, even days later. Why isn't there a cancel/delete button? Or is there?

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Under the save icon is discard draft, that works for me.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I don't even see a "SAVE ICON." I see "Post reply."

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
It seems to "always" remember when you start a post but usually if I delete the contents they're gone. There is a "discard draft" selection if you click the gear/settings icon at the end of the row of icons at the top of the draft window. Not sure if that helps but FYI. Could also try clearing your cache.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The little arrow next to the floppy disk.
Correct. This is a feature of the forum so that even if you browser crashes, etc., the system remembers it. Just click on the arrow next to floppy disc and select Delete Draft.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I just clear the memorized draft box and hit refresh (F5) on my browser, that kills the draft.

Or edit the post down to a smiley face and save that.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Correct. This is a feature of the forum so that even if you browser crashes, etc., the system remembers it. Just click on the arrow next to floppy disc and select Delete Draft.
Got it. Another annoying "feature" like confirming "Mark All Read." Just slows me down.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sometimes I begin a reply and then think better of it. Even if I delete all the contents, they come back when I return to the thread, even days later. Why isn't there a cancel/delete button? Or is there?
The little arrow next to the floppy disk.
Thanks for the question and answer! I've wrestled with that problem myself for a long time.

Top Bottom