• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How do I add a HT/regular subwoofer to powered speakers?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You feed the fullrange signal to the sub, and the highpassed signal from the sub to the active sats. I do this with a Genelec 8060b and a pair of K&H O300D.
What is 8060b?

Besides, your suggestion is not helping the OP does it?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you reread my post you may recognize it as a viable alternative to a sub with external crossover. Let the OP decide whether it's helpful.
The OP said they want to use their sub but you suggest they replace their subwoofer with a unique model that has an inbuilt 6.1 bass management system, which has been out of production for seven years and as far as I know no equivalent exists.

Instead of buying an additional subwoofer, I want to use my current sub, and I wonder what is the name of the BOX in my image I'm looking for.

1683071510990.png

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The OP said they want to use their sub but you suggest they replace their subwoofer with a unique model that has an inbuilt 6.1 bass management system, which has been out of production for seven years and as far as I know no equivalent exists.
The JBL LSR310 I mentioned as an example how one could do it also ("just for the records") in my first post is cheap, stereo only and still in production. The 7060b is the one I use, not the one I recommend.
Are my postings so badly written that they are so easy to misinterpret?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Are my postings so badly written that they are so easy to misinterpret?
It’s not the language but the help, or lack of, is the issue I’m having with. If you don’t have an answer to a post asking a specific help why muddy the waters?

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s not the language but the help, or lack of, is the issue I’m having with. If you don’t have an answer to a post asking a specific help why muddy the waters?
IMV your posts questioning mine leading to multiple posts back and forth without any helpful information for the OP muddy this thread much more than one additional hint by me. Hence for me its EOD now.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
IMV your posts questioning mine leading to multiple posts back and forth without any helpful information for the OP muddy this thread much more than one additional hint by me. Hence for me it’s EOD now.
I think not. You must have missed my post where I suggested many options for the OP, all very affordable and does the job of the box in his diagram. I didn’t suggest to replace the equipment he already had and clearly said he doesn’t want to. That’s what I call help.

Top Bottom