• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How can I play flac files on my windows computer using CCA and using my iPhone as a remote?

La!$

Speakers:Audioengine A5+
DAC:Topping D50 or D50s

Audio files: 24/196, 24/192 and DSD files.

I'd like to use the DAC of my Topping device (which I haven't chosen yet) instead of the CC. I want to use the CC to stream lossless music, if possible! My source is my iPhone and Windows PC. Yes, I have WiFi network at home. Also, I heard the D50 has ESS hump. Is that true?

Thank you for the help in advance. ☺️

BillG

Major Contributor
I'm surprised no one responded to this, and if you still need an idea to accomplish this I'll go ahead and give you one:

1. Install the following on your Windows computer:

Emby Server for Windows

And the following on your iPhone:

Emby for iOS

2. Configure the server as required - it's pretty easy.

3. Launch Emby for iOS on your iPhone, tap the Cast icon to connect to your CCA.

4. Select what you want to play and enjoy... :cool:

By the way, CCA doesn't support DSD natively, and only handles *.flac up 24/96.Therefore, you'll need to configure Emby Server to do a transcode.

A screenshot of Emby for Android running on my tablet, streaming content from Emby Server for Windows to a CCA - this very similar to what you'll see on your iPhone:

Screenshot_2019-10-11-10-39-01.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom