• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How Can I Add EQ To Amazon Music Unlimited Played Via a Wiim Mini?

Alan B

Hi,

I mainly listen to music on my Sennheiser HD660S headphones.

The music is sourced from a Wiim Mini, connected to a Cambridge Audio DacMagic 200M DAC & headphone amp.

The Wiim is controlled by my Android phone or my Chromebook, using either the Wiim Home App or the Amazon Music app.

I would like to use EQ to improve the performance of the headphones and was wondering if this is possible using a software EQ, or do I need to buy something like a Mini DSP Flex?

Recommendation for suitable EQ software or digital parametric EQ hardware gratefully received.

JLGF1

You are aware that the WiiM app has 10-band GEQ I presume? (with PEQ on the updates roadmap TBD)? The Amazon app also has 5-band GEQ.

Alternatively, a Qudelix 5K has PEQ and costs only 20% of what a Flex does. Mine has great SQ with Amazon UHD.

OP
A

Alan B

You are aware that the WiiM app has 10-band GEQ I presume? (with PEQ on the updates roadmap TBD)? The Amazon app also has 5-band GEQ.

Alternatively, a Qudelix 5K has PEQ and costs only 20% of what a Flex does. Mine has great SQ with Amazon UHD.

Yes, but the built in equaliser is pretty course, certainly not enough to correct the frequency response of my headphones.

Thanks, I will take a look at at the Qudelix 5K, I hadn't come across that before.

Top Bottom