• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Houses in Motion

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I see a lot of "where to put my speakers" threads (which is good, given the significant effect on SQ) but...

has anyone built a house around their HiFi setup?

or know of one like that?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

@amirm has visited a barn with those general credentials...

(can't necessarily find the thread right now, will try)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Robin L

Master Contributor
I see a lot of "where to put my speakers" threads (which is good, given the significant effect on SQ) but...

or know of one like that?
Jack Vad built a house from the ground up with a room designed as an editing/post production studio. The architecture in that room had obvious acoustic intention. Big NHTs as monitors at the time [late 1990's]. Editing on a big Mac, computers and hard drives [RAID, something like a massive 40gb] stowed away in an air-conditioned closet.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Well, no, but I did have my hifi/junk room designed into our current (and last, I hope) house, in NH.

DSC_8059 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
(mine when it had considerably less cr@p in it than it does now)

Mine was strongly influenced by Gary Kaufman's -- although Gary's is bigger, has an "en suite" ;)bathroom, and is filled with altogether cooler stuff than mine.

room1.jpg

(hey, that's me, younger and fatter, in 2003 in the photo above)

Perhaps more on-topic -- there was the place in Italy (according to the internet) with the subwoofer basement.
I don't have a good link for the project; the one below's from Pinterest.

1616205196077.png

Top Bottom