• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hot (or cold) Christmas drink, what do you drink in your country?

DanielT

Major Contributor
This is our tradition in Sweden:
Screenshot_2022-12-24_093322.jpg

So I take the opportunity to wish you all a:)
christmas-61 (1).gif

Now soon I and the family will put on the Christmas music and we will start cooking Christmas food. Of course we will drink Glögg today.;):)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll drink whatever I feel like at the time, I'm presently sipping a wine spritzer, had a gin'n tonic and am considering a rye and coke... I already wished you a happy holidays... but I'll do it again. :D
zzzz christmas and new year.jpg

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
Doodski, you live in Alaska. It's cold as hell there. Don't you drink hot drinks?:)
Cold as hell might not be the best way to describe the cold.

It also seems to be really cold in the US right now considering the winter storm that sweeps in. Best to stay indoors and drink something warm then.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Doodski, you live in Alaska. It's cold as hell there. Don't you drink hot drinks?:)
Cold as hell might not be the best way to describe the cold.

It also seems to be really cold in the US right now considering the winter storm that sweeps in. Best to stay indoors and drink something warm then.

I've been drinking lemongrass and vanilla tea for days... time for a cold refreshing beverage. :D

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Usually we drink Glühwein (hot red wine with tea and spices) on the christmas markets but with just now +15 degree Celsius it just does not taste good. :(

OP
DanielT

DanielT

Major Contributor
I don't drink coffee, I take tea, my dear.....
I've been drinking lemongrass and vanilla tea for days... time for a cold refreshing beverage. :D
But you don't have to be English to drink tea as it seems.:)

I also drink tea, but not very often. A cup of tea once every two years.:)

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Here in Norway we drink gløgg as well @DanielT, but you also forgot the Swedish soft drink "Julmust" which I personally think is awesome! :) They recently started making it here in Norway as well. The one below is my favorite kind. Not sure how to describe it? It's like a mix between coke and beer or something. Which sounds awful but in reality it's great. :) :p

We also obviously drink lots of christmas beer (typically quite dark lager), and aquavit (40% liquor). :)

1671885766619.jpeg

atfaber

Forum Donor
Traditional drink in the north of Italy at this time of the year is vin brulé, same idea as gløgg. Each bar or stall has its own 'secret' recipe, so YMMV.
Very comforting, especially during long shopping expeditions ...

StuartC

Forum Donor
I guess traditional in the UK would be mulled wine or mulled cider (I have bottles of both ready to go), but I also have bottles of fizz, red, white, rosé, Perry, cider, beer and even some dessert wine for when the time is right.

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Currently 13 degrees F on my back porch. Unusually cold for here. But I'm currently drinking Iced Tea (no alcohol) with both lemon and lime. I drink a hot drink about once per year. It's Champagne for tonight!

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Eggnog and bourbon for me. Today though I'm enjoying Harp lager.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Glühwein and hot chocolate with whipped cream is considered traditional for most here.

just1n

Forum Donor
Tom & Jerry here in Wisconsin USA. It’s hot and sweet. I’ve never seen it outside the upper midwest, but it’s from the nineteenth century. Like Dicken’s A Christmas Carol.
I wish I knew this one when I worked in the cocktail world. If it wasn’t so late I’d grab the ingredients and whip them up for tomorrow. Thanks for this post, sir.

Top Bottom