• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Horrific Grand Prix 2018- F3 accident (Sophia Flörsch)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Fortunately she survived the accident: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/18/moto...cau-grand-prix-crash-intl-gbr-scli/index.html

"On Twitter, Floersch thanked everyone for the messages of support.
"Just wanted to let everybody know that I am fine but will be going into Surgery tomorrow morning," she wrote, adding that there will be an update soon."

Those of you into racing, what happened? WHy is she going so fast in straight line when others are getting ready for the turn?

dreite

Addicted to Fun and Learning
If open-wheeled cars get wheels interlocked they can be headed skyward and backward and etc, very quickly.
Those temporary street circuits are certainly not the best for safety.

This accident started quite a ways further back up the straightaway and we don't really see the start of it.......at least in the video's I've seen

Dave.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Reminds me of this.

If the wheels touch in the wrong way the car can just be launched into the air.

It's amazing people can walk away from crashes like this.

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Wow...

Top Bottom