• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Home cinema RTA measurements with silicon ear

Andysu

Major Contributor
I do my RTA measurement differently where I can take one measurement without the silicon ear or with that shows more less sensitive frequency range area in-which make some correction with the PEQ.

silicon ear.jpg

Blue is without the silicon ear and Red is with the silicon ear attached to the Behringer ECM8000.
RTA silicon ear.jpg

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
I noticed playing back the video how the Panasonic stereo wide microphone sounds, very toppy on the pink noise, what is all this!? Put it though directly though the THX oh that explains why it is toppy. Not the Behringer ECM8000 thou not used the Panasonic stereo wide mic for RTA use.
So the sound in the video oddly is little different than the actual pink noise that was sounding on the JBL 2445 CD - 2380A horn. I could have used the actual ECM8000 connected to the Sony handicam maybe in the next video.

MicRTA.jpg

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
More testing.
I placed the silicon ear close to the projection screen. interesting. It suddenly elevates upwards and flat then elevates downwards like it has a 48dB crossover applied. interesting.

silicone ear test.jpg

OP
Andysu

Andysu

Major Contributor
test1.jpg

Sennheiser hd 559 tested again with silicon ear to show where roughly the frequency elevators at due to the resonate frequency at around 4KHz to 8KHz of the ear canal. Each ear is shaped different as is the ear canal.

Behringer ECM8000 was used with a silicon ear attached to the microphone with a scarf wrapped around the mic and ear so make it sealed and connected to Sony SDDS DFP-D3000 headphone monitor using REW for the frequency sweep graphs.

test2.jpg

test3.jpg

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
More testing.
I placed the silicon ear close to the projection screen. interesting. It suddenly elevates upwards and flat then elevates downwards like it has a 48dB crossover applied. interesting.

View attachment 132649

That flattop might be indicative of clipping/limiting.

Top Bottom