• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Holy Grail of LCD TV Brightness: Sony 8K 10,000 nit Prototype

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Still using my Pioneer Elite Pro-FPJ1 Kuro projector from 2009. There is plenty of brightness(600 lumens) even in these projectors if you fix up the room correctly. For example- no window light, black ceilings, brown walls, dark carpets(like theaters do). I am not looking forward to the day that I have to replace.
What I described is how I did my room. I even put imitation black velvet curtains on the wall behind the screen and a black 10x12 finished rug under the screen over brown carpets that I got from Home Depot. Anything I could to keep light reflections down to a minimum. These things are fairly inexpensive things to do and with a projector that has good black levels(more important than blazing high light levels)can look good even with low lumens. Any projector will be bright enough.

Wombat

Master Contributor
What I described is how I did my room. I even put imitation black velvet curtains on the wall behind the screen and a black 10x12 finished rug under the screen over brown carpets that I got from Home Depot. Anything I could to keep light reflections down to a minimum. These things are fairly inexpensive things to do and with a projector that has good black levels(more important than blazing high light levels)can look good even with low lumens. Any projector will be bright enough.

Rod, you have perfectly described the décor that my young teenage son(punk-music tragic) requested for his bedroom some years ago. I liked his music but not his interior design preference-so no black. He has just purchased his first house. Black bedrooms are off the agenda there, too. :rolleyes:

Rod

This is a dedicated home theater room. The rest of the house is white walls.:p

Rod

This is a dedicated home theater room. The rest of the house is white walls.:p
But when I was a teenager the room would have black light posters on the walls for sure:)

Top Bottom