• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Holo or Musician

Coco60

I'm on the fence for a DAC. Sound quality wise should i buy the Holo spring 3 dac or the Musician Aquarius, which have about the same price range.
My set up is Cambridge CXN v2 and CXC CD transport, Rotel A12 integrated Amp but looking to upgrade this last one, and KEF LS 50 Meta.

Last edited:

Ellie

I'm on the fence for a DAC. Sound quality wise should i buy the Holo spring 3 dac or the Musician Aquarius, which have about the same price range.
My set up is Cambridge CXN v2 and CXC CD transport, Rotel A12 integrated Amp but looking to upgrade this last one, and KEF LS 50 Meta.
Sound quality wise you won't get much of a difference. Buy a DAC for features, unless it's heavily distorted somehow you won't hear a difference.

OP
C

Coco60

Sound quality wise you won't get much of a difference. Buy a DAC for features, unless it's heavily distorted somehow you won't hear a difference.
I'v been told in other forums that for the system that i have $3000 DAC would be overkill and not make an audible difference than a $1000 DAC !!! and that i was better off using my streamer DAC !?

Snoopy

Major Contributor
I'v been told in other forums that for the system that i have $3000 DAC would be overkill and not make an audible difference than a $1000 DAC !!! and that i was better off using my streamer DAC !?

$3000 DAC is probably overkill. If you want a r2r DAC get the musician Draco or the denafrips Ares 2.

I have the cxn V2 myself. Together with the Cxa81. I don't feel like a DAC upgrade will do much. The Cxn V2 gets often compared to the chord mojo and similar priced DACs.

If you want to upgrade get Better loudspeakers and add two subwoofers to your setup.

bunkbail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The other day I watched a review from Zeos on YouTube saying that he couldn't hear a single difference between Topping E50 and Musician Pegasus R2R DAC.

Top Bottom