• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hmmm. Which of these power amp should I buy?

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
TAS picks the best amps from $20,000 to $50,000. I am uncertain about which one in this range would work the best in my system, but am thinking I really need to look in the 50-100K range? Oh, that's right, they are talking about audio power amps and not sports cars! GMAFB!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What system will this amplifier be integrated into. What do you have right now and what does the future hold for this system. Need to know before recommending anything.

Plod990

TAS picks the best amps from $20,000 to $50,000. I am uncertain about which one in this range would work the best in my system, but am thinking I really need to look in the 50-100K range? Oh, that's right, they are talking about audio power amps and not sports cars! GMAFB!

Phhhhh

OP
D

dtaylo1066

What system will this amplifier be integrated into. What do you have right now and what does the future hold for this system. Need to know before recommending anything.
Being tongue in cheek cynical. My Hypex amps work just fine.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Being tongue in cheek cynical. My Hypex amps work just fine.
I was wondering...lol. But I did not want to be rude or assumptive due to such high priced esoteric gear being presented. I just take it like any other day and any other gear request.

lateralous

It's quite striking how little power many of these metal boxes costing a car can produce, and that's claimed spec to boot. Makes me wonder how many fools are underpowering their speakers because they were sold the most expensive box.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's quite striking how little power many of these metal boxes costing a car can produce, and that's claimed spec to boot. Makes me wonder how many fools are underpowering their speakers because they were sold the most expensive box.
For some of those esoteric amps they are linear output to 2 Ohms so they seem much more powerful than they really are.

solderdude

Grand Contributor

You're thinking too small.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have seen and heard the Constellation power amps.
Very powerful!
With right electrodes, it doubles as an arc-welder.

dorakeg

IF I ever have the budget I will get else Pass or Dan amps... Thats a very big IF.....haha

OP
D

dtaylo1066

The Boulder amps and gear always look cool and for much of their gear you would need a Sumo wrestler to carry it into the house. There is a certain price to weight ration going on there.

Top Bottom