• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hive Nectar electrostatic headphone

OkPsychology

Ah, that's unfortunate but I understand.

What are your current daily drivers, then?

Thanks
I've been rotating through a bunch of things. I just -- like, 2 days ago -- received a ZMF Verite Open, and fell instantly in love with it. How can something be so musical and technically impressive at the same time? I have no idea. It's kind of crazy. They truly are works of art, in more ways than one... and worth the steep price tag IMO. I'm smitten.

In the past few months I've spent a bunch of time with my HE6-o'ramas, an Aurorus Borealis (amazing can if you can get your hands on one -- highly recommend), and a Sony Z1R. I don't wanna get off topic here, but I'm happy to give you my impressions of any of the aforementioned.

I am very much looking forward to getting the Hive back in the rotation. That was my daily for a while before I sent it to WA

Newman

Major Contributor
the target. I hate harman and I think its stupid.
Don’t be shy, tell us what you really think. :cool:
Just becose you get bass boost inside your average normie room due to pressure chamber effect does not mean that this is the pinnacle of frequency response which all other audio devices including headphones should strive to emulate.
You got that backwards. Dr Olive didn’t determine that bass target curve based on some principle about normal rooms. He got it from actual listener preferences when it is applied to headphones. Then, afterwards, he just made the casual observation that, gee, could it be more than a coincidence that the preferred headphone response just happens to look much like real-life room gain? He didn’t aim at it.

Top Bottom