• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hirose 4-pin boots and crimps?

mkarikom

I want to recycle some Hirose 4-pin connectors (shown below):

21TkjbBYGnL._AC_.jpg

I have two questions:
1. Where can I buy some of those brass crimps?
2. Is it possible to get the latex boots in colors other than black?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Check Hirose for the part numbers of the available parts. You can probably get them from most of the usual suppliers like Farnell. Most will let you search by manufacturer's part number.

OP
M

mkarikom

Check Hirose for the part numbers of the available parts. You can probably get them from most of the usual suppliers like Farnell. Most will let you search by manufacturer's part number.
Thanks, @somebodyelse. Unfortunately it looks like the mfg part# includes all three components so not possible to purchase them separately.
Based on that, the boot is probably not available anywhere.
But, I still have a hunch that the brass part is a standard fastener of some kind, I just don't know what it's called!

Skeptischism

where are you based? I have 2 of the hiroses that i've had around for nearly 10 years without using them and i'm unlikely to ever do so. I could pop them in an envelope for you, but i'm in Australia.

OP
M

mkarikom

where are you based? I have 2 of the hiroses that i've had around for nearly 10 years without using them and i'm unlikely to ever do so. I could pop them in an envelope for you, but i'm in Australia.
Thanks for the kind offer, @Skeptischism . I would gratefully accept them (you can send me a pm), but I'm in southern California so shipping might cost more than they are worth.

Last edited:

Skeptischism

No problems. i'll see if I can locate them and if a small padded envelope with them could be sent as a letter. that will take a couple weeks, but only cost a few dollars. hopefully I havent stolen the crimps for something else :p

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ty. Going to add a handful to my next order too.

Top Bottom