• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

High SINAD, low power, low cost power amp - does such a thing exist?

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
More problem definition :
  • Power Amp = just power (not an integrated)
  • High SINAD = >90db (if too high a threshold >85db)
  • Low Power = <25W (any power rating is fine if the other criteria is met, even <5W)
  • Low Cost = <$200 (if too low a threshold <$300)
Does such a thing exist? I've done some searching but haven't identified any. Some come close eg: WXA, Akitika, and some chip amps, but they are either integrated, or have SINAD that doesn't meet criterea, or are not "low cost".

I'm looking for a little amp to mate with a Topping E30/GCA and some rather high efficiency speakers.

Apologies in advance if my search effort wasn't good enough and this is a duplicate thread.

Last edited:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Hard to find one with wattage that low, but it’s not hard to find good used pro audio amps with less than 100 watts in your budget. Crest PA150, Ashly SRA-2075, and the Crown D-75A are a few.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

OP
eddantes

eddantes

Thank you for replying. I might rephrase the question as "What is the lowest cost power amp with 90+ SINAD regardless of power output."

Guddu

More problem definition :
  • Power Amp = just power (not an integrated)
  • High SINAD = >90db (if too high a threshold >85db)
  • Low Power = <25W (any power rating is fine if the other criteria is met, even <5W)
  • Low Cost = <$200 (if too low a threshold <$300)
Does such a thing exist? I've done some searching but haven't identified any. Some come close eg: WXA, Akitika, and some chip amps, but they are either integrated, or have SINAD that doesn't meet criterea, or are not "low cost".

I'm looking for a little amp to mate with a Topping E30/GCA and some rather high efficiency speakers.

Apologies in advance if my search effort wasn't good enough and this is a duplicate thread.

Does TPA3251/3255 based amps not come close to your requirements?

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe the Neurochrome LM3886 Done Right gets you there? If you don't charge for your own labor.

OP
eddantes

eddantes

I was thinking that perhaps Hypex FA122?

Eetu

Forum Donor
Aiyima A04 (TPA3251) w/ LM4562 and Mean Well power supply of your choosing. It has vol control but you can just set & forget it.. Less than $100 altogether and while it hasn't been measured it should be a bit cleaner (TPA3251 vs TPA3255 datasheet) than the A07 tested here.

Top Bottom