• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

High Quality HDMI to RCA video/audio converter?

I presently use two players (to cover all discs) and a Bluetooth receiver in my stereo system. An article at Future Audiophile online magazine pointed out that a Sony BDP-S6700 covers all discs, Bluetooth, USB drives & Spotify! I already use an S6700 in my HT system. In addition a display (already have) is required. HDMI to RCA converters are available for <$10. Does anyone know of a converter using high quality audio DACs?

niko35

Nad M51

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Wouldn't any DAC with an SPDIF input work?

7Xxk6zCPpzH3UPUpqaVVvg-970-80.jpg

OP
T
Nad M51

I like NAD but that's way out of my price range!

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I need RCA video for the display. HDMI to RCA converters are available for <$10 but at that price the converter's audio DACs will not be high quality.

You're driving the display with composite or component video? Hopefully it's component, in which case, something like this plus the DAC of your choice with SPDIF input (e.g. Topping D10s) will do the job...

OP
T
You're driving the display with composite or component video? Hopefully it's component, in which case, something like this plus the DAC of your choice with SPDIF input (e.g. Topping D10s) will do the job...

It's a snall 6"x4" display that uses composite video. Topping D10s has SPDIF outputs, I need an input. The unit you showed is the right style (small, cheap) but the wrong conversion, I need HDMI to RCA audio/composite!

Last edited:
OP
T
After a pretty extensive search at Amazon, the converter I need does not appear to exist UNLESS YOU KNOW BETTER, perhaps there is an opportunity there!.

My only solution is a cheap HDMI to composite converter (<$10) and DAC with SPDIF coax input, like a Schitt Modi or Topping E30.

Top Bottom