• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

High pitch single frequency sound caused by headphone Amp

BenjaminZhang

I have purchased an ARCHEL2 Pro headphone Amp. The first couple of days, everything is fine.
When I listen to music today, there are very loud high pitch single-frequency sounds suddenly played in my headphone. No matter I unplug the input cable, switch the mode between high&low gain, change the power hub I am using, or change the volume, this sound still existing without any change.
Does anybody have any idea why this happened? I plan to replace the device, but I am not confident in this product consider the build quality and this defection rate. Maybe I should return the product and look for another amp?

ps:
I recorded it:

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Try the amp with a different source and headphone, if the problem is still there, return it while you still can.

OP
B

BenjaminZhang

Try the amp with a different source and headphone, if the problem is still there, return it while you still can.
I don't have another headphone with 1/4 plug. But I tested it with the source attached and unattached, different power supply, the problem still existing. I already contact the seller and they arranged a replacement. I am more curious about the reason for this kind of problem, the design problem of this model, or the incidental defection of my device. If this is the potential problem of this model, I may intend to return the product and look for an alternative option.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am more curious about the reason for this kind of problem, the design problem of this model, or the incidental defection of my device. If this is the potential problem of this model, I may intend to return the product and look for an alternative option.
This model has not had complaints here about this issue. That's not to say there are no others or that a new fault has arisen but regarding this model things have apparently been going well.

Geshelli

Audio Company
I have purchased an ARCHEL2 Pro headphone Amp. The first couple of days, everything is fine.
When I listen to music today, there are very loud high pitch single-frequency sounds suddenly played in my headphone. No matter I unplug the input cable, switch the mode between high&low gain, change the power hub I am using, or change the volume, this sound still existing without any change.
Does anybody have any idea why this happened? I plan to replace the device, but I am not confident in this product consider the build quality and this defection rate. Maybe I should return the product and look for another amp?

ps:
I recorded it:
Hi,

Your email to us about this issue was answered a few hours ago. There is a 30 day return policy for our products so no need to keep something you're unhappy with. I sent you a follow up email with further details regarding the return.

OP
B

BenjaminZhang

Hi,

Your email to us about this issue was answered a few hours ago. There is a 30 day return policy for our products so no need to keep something you're unhappy with. I sent you a follow up email with further details regarding the return.
No problem. Just clarify I don't have any bad feelings about the product and very satisfied with the customer services. I post this problem mostly because of curiosity and looking for a possible explanation.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
No problem. Just clarify I don't have any bad feelings about the product and very satisfied with the customer services. I post this problem mostly because of curiosity and looking for a possible explanation.
Welcome Aboard @BenjaminZhang!

OP
B

BenjaminZhang

Thanks. Using this forum as purchasing guidelines for a long time, really useful.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I post this problem mostly because of curiosity and looking for a possible explanation.

I'm sure @Geshelli will update this thread with the cause of the issue once it has been investigated. Appears to be around 3.5kHz or so.

Top Bottom