• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

High(ish) end passive speakers for 2-channel audio kit recommendations

Slyko

I have built the CSS p215 bookshelf speakers and listened to them with movies & music for over 1 month. They are part of my 7.2 surround sound set up in my living room.

It took me 4 times to get it right! The smartest thing I did was read the instructions....... numerous times. This was my 1st DIY speaker and as such I made plenty of mistakes. Issues included getting excited & going too fast. Making the soldering iron too hot & burning through all the wire's insulation. mucking up the female speaker connectors with solder. After all that, the kit was simply patient with me, Let me make all the mistakes with plenty of extra material waiting for me to finish it right. Now complete, they sound great, exceptionally clean & crisp with no distortion. I'm gonna sell my primary speakers I've had for 10 years, and keep these. Those speakers I thought were all that, can't hold a candle to these.

I still can't get over how clear they are no matter how loud I turn them up. I'm going to sell everything else & just build DIY speakers now.

Top Bottom