• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

High impedance headphone jack on new M1 Max 16 inch MacBook Pro

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anybody find a setting in their MacBook Pro to disengage the low impedance gain mode?

Thinking of how some low impedance, low sensitivity headphones would benefit from more output.

staticV3

Major Contributor
You could try tricking the impedance sensing with this.
First, plug the adapter into your MacBook, then your headphones into the adapter.
Works great with CS43131 devices and Apple uses Cirrus chips as well.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could try tricking the impedance sensing with this.
First, plug the adapter into your MacBook, then your headphones into the adapter.
Works great with CS43131 devices and Apple uses Cirrus chips as well.

I don't have a MacBook to try it with.

But people do sometimes mention that they have a new MacBook Pro over at r/headphoneadvice. So would be nice to tell them what ways there are to bypass the low gain mode when trying to help them with headphones.

Tokyo_John

Forum Donor
I am actually sending mine to Amirm. Might take a while though cause I am all the way on the east coast.
Did he get around to it? I couldn't find anything recently via search of this site.

I've gone back to externals with a new (larger) desk...a D90/A90 stack, but very happy that I don't have to take any external DAC/amp while traveling.

Top Bottom