• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

High-End Ethernet Switch

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Well, I suppose this was inevitable, given the rise of audiophile ethernet cables:

http://www.myhifishop.de/Devices/AQ...nd-Network-Switch-audio-LAN-isolator::75.html

75_0.jpg

Although, TBH, the 398 EUR price is for pikers. If this thing was any good it would cost $1000+ EUR.

OP
watchnerd

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Yeh I saw this or another unit recently. Was surprised it took this long really! It is too expensive for me to waste money on it to test. But if someone has one, I am happy to measure it. :)

What would you measure? It's not as if it has an analog anything.....jitter over ethernet? I'm not sure what that would even be useful for...

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
What would you measure? It's not as if it has an analog anything.....jitter over ethernet? I'm not sure what that would even be useful for...
Same way I measured the isolated Ethernet cable: https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...ments-of-emo-en-60kds-ethernet-isolator.1869/

If this is supposed to change the output of a DAC, connected to a streamer, I can measure that with this switch and a generic $20 one. If the output does not change then it doesn't do anything. If it does, then it will be an interesting finding.

I can also measure the fidelity of the Ethernet interface itself by running it at 100 mbit/sec. My scope runs at 500 Mhz and I have 1 Gigahertz probe for it. It is not ideal but can shed some light in digital domain too.

Likely neither one of these tests has been performed by the people who built that switch! :eek:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Top Bottom