• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman Sundara vs. Ananda layman comparison.

HenryVII

This is a non-scientific comparison between the Hifiman Sundara and Hifiman Ananda, without measuring equipment or proper volume matching, for the layperson who might have difficulty relating the measurements to real world listening experiences (aka me). I tried to listen at moderate volume on both, to where any higher would be uncomfortable. This is just my subjective experience and is not a substitute for scientific testing. Both headphones were plugged into a Topping A50S balanced 4.4mm output.
Thanks for your comparison. I'm not sure so please let me ask: Did you own the newer Sundara 2020 or the older 2018?

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have re-ordered the Sundara (2020) and will be giving this a second and more in depth listen. I will be listening to the same songs, but also adding a ton more.

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Update: Sundara came today, but have a channel imbalance issue, the right side producing 1-3 dB louder volume. I will get a replacement unit and report back.

OP
Rayman30

Rayman30

Forum Donor
Mods please delete this thread, I am working on a new comparison... since I am unable to alter the original comparison,

Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom