• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

HifiMan He560 upgrade

JediMa

I have few headphones and I love magnetic planar ones. For years I enjoyed my He-560 V2 regardless of the few known flaws. Now I want to get something better and off course should be still planar. I would like to get something with better soundstage and neutral but still with warm sound not bassy but with the right amount of bass to enjoy few genres (he-560 have more bass then 400I I owned and that's why i like them and this excludes Sundara too). Price range? 500 - 700

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Edition XS ?
DCA-Drop AEON closed X ?

Will they be much better ? No... but they are different. The HE560 is not a bad headphone.

Last edited:
OP
JediMa

JediMa

Edition XS ?
DCA-Drop AEON closed X ?

Will they be much better ? No... but they are different. The HE560 is not a bad headphone.
Oh It's absolutely true, I love them I only wanted to step up

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Oh It's absolutely true, I love them I only wanted to step up
To get better sound you may end up >> $ 500.- but should give the XS a listen it is sharper sounding though.

Top Bottom