• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

hifiman he400se vs beyerdynamic DT 990 pro, which to choose?

shot4d

Hello

I would like to know the opinion of an expert on which of these two headphones I should choose.

the Beyerdinamic Dt 990 pro 250ohm or the Hifiman he400se?

I am looking for good sound quality in music in .flac format for 24 bits 44100hz or 96000hz

And I'm also looking for an immersive soundstage for my movies and video games with Dolby Atmos.

I have the Fiio k5 pro dac/amp and I know it can give enough volume power for both headphones.

and i found them both on sale for the same price at 140 dollars and i only have that budget so i can't go for a more expensive one like the dt 880 pro or the hd600.

So in your experiences, which of the two do you recommend?

Ellie

HE400SE, without question. Beyers almost always have terrible tuning, cost more, and their cable isn't even removable.

Bleib

Major Contributor
990 is more comfy but has a v-shaped sound that even changes vocals. 400se is a bit heavy for longer use

Top Bottom