• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman he1000se sounds terrible! Now I know why there is so much fuzz about frequency responce.

LEIYINAUDIO

I think I luckily owned a well tuned headphone for a long time so I never saw frequency response as a big issue. Always wondered why everyone is so obsessed with frequency response in their headphone reviews and recommendations. Until I tried on Hifiman he 1000se. This Hifiman headphone is a very flatly tuned headphone, as the graphic shows: (it's a shame Amirm hasn't reviewed yet though)
he1000se-raw.png

It's true that Hifiman he1000se has the best resolution and data retrieval I've ever heard. However, when you have all the instrument and vocals at the same volume, everything is just colliding together. There is no sense of harmony and space, the vocal is dry and unpleasant, the bass is taking to much emphasis. Maybe this suits best for music producers, but for casual listening, it's just tiring, unless you do your own EQ.

Now I truly understand why frequency response is so important and it's Amirm‘s top priority.

When do you guys realized and surprised of how different tuning can make such huge differences? even if the other aspects of the headphone has no problem?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For ~$3500.00 USD they should have decent sound. It seems from the testing that has been done on headphones that they all benefit immensely from EQing. Not surprising that the same applies here. That's amazing freq response in the low end. It looks too good. :D
HiFi Man.png

Top Bottom