• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hifiman HE-560 for $319 at Adorama.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At that price it is the proverbial steal. One of the best headphones to my ears bettered only by a few IMO:
Hi-fiMan HE6
Audeze LCD3
Stax upper echelon ESL

Among those I own

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wow, is it really discounted this much?

upload_2018-5-9_13-47-32.png

What is the advantage over my HE400i?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Same as this?

upload_2018-5-9_17-40-2.png

OP
Rod

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Well I bought them. They have a 30 day no questions asked return policy on headphones.

OP
Rod

Rod

What I am reading I hope mine doesn't come with a weak yoke. There breaking according to users in another forum.

Jacona

What I am reading I hope mine doesn't come with a weak yoke. There breaking according to users in another forum.
Users on reddit have 3D printed replacement yokes and they probably have the STL file floating somewhere.
Though not sure if it's worth doing unless you own printer or have a company print it out of more durable material.

OP
Rod

Rod

The forums mentioned that there replacing the old headbands with the Sundara headbands if the yokes break. So as long as they do that its a good deal I think. The 3d printed yokes are available also.

Last edited:

kristoffer

I really like the HE560. But beware of the yokes. My yokes on the HE560 have broken twice in under 5 months (bought from HIFIMAN amazon.co.uk store). I'm right now waiting on a Sundara replacement headband from HIFIMAN. Their support has been great with very quick responses and fast shipping of the replacements.

But since I don't like the look or the lack of swivel on the Sundara headband I also got 3D-printed yokes from /u/MoederBeer at reddit. I think they will look really nice when done, I haven't had time to sand and acetone smooth them yet.

OP
Rod

Rod

I really like the HE560. But beware of the yokes. My yokes on the HE560 have broken twice in under 5 months (bought from HIFIMAN amazon.co.uk store). I'm right now waiting on a Sundara replacement headband from HIFIMAN. Their support has been great with very quick responses and fast shipping of the replacements.

But since I don't like the look or the lack of swivel on the Sundara headband I also got 3D-printed yokes from /u/MoederBeer at reddit. I think they will look really nice when done, I haven't had time to sand and acetone smooth them yet.
Its nice to see that Hifiman is taking care of there customers. I will be moving up from a 400i so I hope this is my final purchase. It will be PC> RME ADI-2 Dac>Masdrop/THX AAA amp>HE-560.

OP
Rod

Rod

Well here they are. Can't say how they sound yet, they have been playing for a couple hours. I didn't know they came with 2 sets of cords, 6.3mm and XLR. Nice surprise.
_DSC0172_edited.jpg

Last edited:

Jacona

Am I going insane or does the right earpad look significantly thicker than the left one?

OP
Rod

Rod

Am I going insane or does the right earpad look significantly thicker than the left one?
Yes between 1/4 and 3/8 inch at the thickest part.

Jacona

Ah, so this is the legendary Hifiman QC I've been hearing about.

Those are glued iirc
Shame, I'd put some Brainwavz round hybrid on them

OP
Rod

Rod

Ah, so this is the legendary Hifiman QC I've been hearing about.

Those are glued iirc
Shame, I'd put some Brainwavz round hybrid on them
On the he-400i I used Alpha Pads and new rings. Those are like pillows, except there so fat I had to bend the flat-bar out some. I will see how these do. If they don't hurt my ears like the ones on the 400i I will at least try to get a few years out of them.

OP
Rod

Rod

Swapped ear-pads with the alph pads that were on the He-400i.
_DSC0174.JPG

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice that it
Well here they are. Can't say how they sound yet, they have been playing for a couple hours. I didn't know they came with 2 sets of cords, 6.3mm and XLR. Nice surprise.

Nice that it comes with the XLR cable, for which Hifiman charges a small fortune. When I got my 560s for $699 back in 2015, they came with only the 1/4" cable.

Top Bottom